VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

You Didn't Lose if the Other Guy Runs Away...A Recap of Wizard World Cleveland pt. 2

Posted On Wednesday, March 22, 2017


Photo courtesy of D. Klemenc.
I've cited MANY sources of inspiration for my route within the comic book industry.  But undeniably, one of the key events was The Death of Superman series!  As comic legends go, that series was spawned by the intervention of the Lois & Clark show.  So, it kinda comes as a full-circle venture to get to moderate for Dean Cain at Wizard World Cleveland!  An all-around awesome guy, Dean was very open and giving, strong in his convictions and is certainly a devoted dad.  I hope to work with him again, soon!

Though a last minute addition to the con, Anthony Mackie was truly a show-maker!  And getting to do his panel, was an insane opportunity...particularly for me to bring up my longstanding joke that when his character is in a fight with a white-male with an animal-based name, he always LOSES!  Think about it: Spider-man (Cap. America/ Civil War)...Ant-Man (Ant-Man)...B. Rabbit (8 Mile)!  He was a good sport about it -- pointing out that (in his mind) he didn't lose to Spider-man and Ant-Man; THEY both ran away (he admitted that he has ZERO issue with losing in a rap battle to Eminem)!  Check out his thoughts on WHY Stan Lee could never have a movie just with him in it -- it's hilarious (Video by Paula R. Lively):



Already owning copies of The Samaritan and The Trouble w/Love from pervious Wizard World appearances, I thought it only right to get him a copy of Ol' Crazy & the 40oz of Death to add to his Vantage:Inhouse collection!

Photo courtesy of D. Klemenc.
My inner-10yr old was in rare form.  As thought meeting Dean Cain wasn't enough, I was fortunate to revisit the world of Batman: TAS with none other than the voices of The Dynamic Duo, Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Loren Lester (Robin/Nightwing)!  This was my second time moderating for them (first time being in Portland), and you could sense the familiarity between us.  I'm fan -- STILL -- of the work they did and hold it in the most high of comparatives, so getting to hear their stories from production were so amazing and insightful.  I really can't say enough about them -- both are eager to please their fans (we literally sang Happy Birthday to one of the attendees) and I can count myself as one of them!

I might've skipped over a few events here and there -- don't REALLY wanna rub in how much fun I had if you missed it.  But overall, Wizard World Cleveland was AMAZING and I had a tremendous time!



Look for me at the next show -- SPACE (Small Press & Alternative Comics Expo)!  This weekend!!

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved