VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

You Didn't Lose If the Other Guy Runs Away...A Recap of Wizard World Cleveland Pt. 1

Posted On Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Hello all you V:IP friends and fans out there!  I'm just now screwing my head back on from the awesome time I had this past weekend at Wizard World Cleveland!  As my second show, strictly in a panelist/moderator capacity, this one had a bit LESS of a shell-shock from NOT being an exhibitor -- but it still kept me no less busy!!!

Photo courtesy of Paula R. Lively.

I started the show with a visit from some local students.  Together, we did a project about defining your personal superpowers and designing a totem (or insignia) to represent them.  The vibe was incredible and may be something that I roll out for future conventions VERY SOON!

The rest of my Friday was built around a double-dose of original content panels, with V:IPs of Self-Publishing going first.  There are few things as satisfying as speaking with hopeful creators and offering even the slightest piece of info or advice that they didn't have, encouraging them on their journey.  While not exactly a packed room, it was an attentive audience and I'm sure I'll see many of them, sitting behind the table, at shows to come.

Next, I was joined by my friend and fellow creator, Michael Watson for "Only Sheep Eat Rotten Tomatoes", where we ATTEMPTED to turn the trend of public opinion (that seems to stand AGAINST the current DCEU) back towards a more favorable view!  Mike ran a live Facebook feed of the panel (forgive the side angle), and you can see all the fun we had!  There were a few hold outs, but I think we might've gotten forgiveness from one or two Marvel Studios devotees along the way!



Local creator, Abdul Rashid (AHR Visions) invited me to return to his panel, The Diversity Variable.  One of the things I enjoy most about his iteration of these, is how truly diverse he insures his panelists to be -- never excluding voices because they're NOT a person of color!  Shout out to Martin Reese, Sequoia Bostick, Clare Kolat, Ted Sikora, and Simeon Fuller, who rounded out the group!

A HUGE thanks to my creative brother from another mother, Dirk Manning for filling in on the God Complex: Building Realms, Worlds, & Universes...panel!  You were a GODsend on that one and as expected, offered crucial insight the up-and-coming creators who attended!  And if you weren't there, do yourself a favor and check out his work and join his mailing list at www.dirkmanning.com!

Whew!  That's already a lot and we're only about halfway through the show!  Let's break this puppy up and I'll come back in a bit to talk about that times I hung out with Superman, Falcon, and Batman & Robin!

Click Here to Read Part 2!






No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved