VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

So THAT didn't quite work...

Posted On Friday, June 24, 2016



Will Smith has my favorite line from the movie Bad Boys -- "My plan always works, sometimes!"  It's the perfect mixture of absolute bravado with just a hint of insecurity that plagues even the best of us.  And it PERFECTLY illustrates why we're giving up on our Script Cover campaign to fund the Samaritan #8.  


...hmmmm.  Actually, "giving up" is too strong of a phrase.  It's hard to shut down a project that BARELY got off the ground!  And to be frank, I have no one to blame but myself.  

Being a self-publisher, means I wear a lot of hats.  Day in and day out, I'm balancing more than a few jobs that are typically manned by several individuals when dealing with a larger publishing house.  I'm far from complaining -- I really LOVE what I do, as well as the hardships I might endure.  But, one of my sincere shortcomings is longterm promotion of any one project or idea.  I bounce all over the place, working on this thing and the next and there are times when I want something specific to happen, but get creatively drawn somewhere else before seeing the results I had hoped for.  


This is a prime example of that.  March 18th marked the 5 Year Anniversary of the release of The Samaritan #1 and I wanted to commemorate that with the release of a new 8th issue.  But what I didn't do was maintain a strong enough campaign to make sure the world (and the gracious fans of the series) knew it was coming and how to get there.  My promotions were sporadic (at best) and I didn't have a strong enough pitch for it when I was at the 9 conventions I attended while it lasted!  And with only ONE script cover sold (which will be refunded), I didn't make nearly the headway to funding the project like I thought I would. 

Now, what does that mean for YOU the fan of V:IP/The Samaritan series?  Well, for starters, there will be no individual release for issue #8.  :( I know, I had looked forward to having a set of books released that would form a massive, interconnected cover too, but it's just not financially smart to push for that anymore.  

Not when I can personally fund issue #8 and make it a special feature of a graphic novel edition of the whole thing!  That's right -- we're STILL going to have that 8th issue -- it's WAAAAAAY too important to what I've got planned with V:IPhase 2, but it's time to stop hemhawing and get you guys a fat collected edition that can sit on your bookshelves with pride!  And we've got a tentative goal of premiering the trade at this year's New York Comic Con (Oct. 6-9th)!  

Check back soon as we not only continue to unveil what all is in our next docket of books, but also, what features will be included in the trade!  We KNOW you'll LOVE IT!


No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved