VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

Wonder Care Takes Center Stage!!

Posted On Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's been on the burner for a little bit, but we're making some headway on our upcoming ALL-AGES title, Wonder Care Presents: The Kinder Guardians!



In an effort to add to our accessibility as a publishing imprint, we've wanted to make some stories that would resonate a little closer to younger audiences.  Immediately, I thought about what I loved so much growing up and I couldn't escape the allure of Jim Henson's The Muppet Babies.  Adding a superhero twist of the Justice League (or more appropriately, Super Friends, I came up with the idea for the Wonder Care series!  Though I've had this troupe of super-powered kiddies in my mindscape for a while there was an urgency to get things started when Mark Millar announced his own kid-friendly project, Kindergarten Heroes.  With such high-profile competition on the horizon, I knew we had to jump on production QUICKLY!!

I tapped one of the most creative, innovative voices whose ALREADY making a name for himself in kid-centric markets (with work his self-published "When I Was Little", "Share My Heart", and an strong association with Aw Yeah Comics) -- JUSTIN CASTANEDA!  He loved the idea and couldn't wait to get started on our first tale -- an 8pg heart-tugger called "How Far is Up" featuring Pep (our resident speedster) and the super-twins, Castor and Pollux!  I whipped up some quick character sketches for what I had in my head and let me tell you -- JUSTIN BLEW EVERYTHING I DID OUT THE WINDOW!!!  His cartooning, characterizations, designs -- EVERYTHING -- he just gets these guys and it looks like he might be just in love with these guys as I am!

While our individual workloads have slowed the process down a little, we've got enough going to put together a little teaser, introducing the six characters of the initial Wonder Care series -- The Kinder Guardians!!!  And if you're gonna be at C2E2 this weekend, stop by my table (V-7) and grab a copy of our limited edition promo book that gives a little backstory to each member of the team!  And just like in old-school tradition, the cover can be removed to create the poster below!



No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved