VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

New 8Bit V:IP Covers (The Big DUH!)

Posted On Saturday, October 19, 2013

Over the last three years, I've enjoyed quite a bit of success with my 8Bit/Pixel Art pieces.  They've become fan-favorites -- a certified draw at every convention from NYCC to Wizard World Chicago and back again.  But with every success of our prints, posters and stickers (had to plug those!), it's only created a BIGGER shadow over our publishing ventures under the V:IP imprint.  As well received as our books (The Samaritan, Origins Unknown, The Villain, and The Trouble w/Love) have been, it's PALED in comparison -- almost becoming a waste of table space.  I was just about at my ropes end trying to figure out what to do. 

My goal as creator has always been in creating awesome comics for the world to read, but I couldn't conceivably figure out a way to make the books more prominent that wouldn't require me to remove a {bit} of the 8Bits -- which are FAR TOO lucrative for me to afford.  The solution was slow-forming, but it FINALLY hit me this past weekend at NYCC (even after the idea was planted by the infamous Dirk Manning at WizardWorld Ohio) -- 8Bit Covers! 



IT HIT ME LIKE A TON OF BRICKS!  8Bit covers caught some major fire with the work of Valiant Entertainment earlier this year, so much so, that even Marvel threw their hat in the ring with a few 8Bits of their own.  I'm embarrassed to say that even classifying myself as a pixel artist (with aspirations of doing such covers for either of these publishers!), doing a run for my own run of books was the FURTHEST thing from my mind.  But, once the idea set hold, I couldn't wait to get to work on them.  And here they are, making their debut at the WizardWorld Nashville show -- already they've proven successful, immediately finding a home amongst the rest of our 8Bit designs!  I'm looking forward to exploring this even more for the Origins books, but in the meantime, take a peek at these:


No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved