VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

On the Horizon 4/11/11

Posted On Monday, April 11, 2011

Some times, you truly need to step back and regroup! After last week's post, I spent the week trying to figure out how to induce larger viewership, interest and all around "acclaim." I've reached out to some local people who DEFINITELY have a lock on their own marketing and PR to get some help and I'm SO GLAD I DID!

One of the first changes is that I will NO LONGER be posting the daily art exercises on this site. Wanting to gear this page more towards the publishing side of things, I think Deviantart.com is a much better home (singularly)! Don't worry, if you enjoyed checking those out, I've included a link to the Deviant pg just over to the right!

I will be keeping both the "If I were EiC..." articles, as well as excerpts from the 8 Mins posts alive here, as they're much more editorially friendly.

There's an updated CALENDAR on the site, now featuring ALL of the scheduled appearances for V:IP, INCLUDING, the Columbus Metropolitan Library's Summer Reading Program, using the U Cre-8 Comics Line!!!

So, having said all that -- what's on the menu for this week?!

I've gotten back on the grind for drawing Omnibus #2 -- in fact, I recently shook a magic 8 Ball and IT said that I'll have the book finished by May -- so here's hoping its right! I'm trying to challenge myself artistically, sampling different processes to see which will work the best for me. I'm certainly not reinventing the wheel (this time), but trying to find that perfect fit of a process is both a little daunting and exciting all at once!


I'm going to be starting the plots for LAST FOUR installment of The Samaritan -- for those of you waiting with bated breath for chapters 2 and 3, your patience will SOON be rewarded!


I've got the outline completed for SPECTRUM, hopefully able to make an announcement for the cover artist SOON (SUPER-EXCITED ABOUT IT)!! Final plots will be hammered out this week along with the initial character designs.


Definitely have a big week ahead of us, with A LOT of work to do to get these books out! Wish me luck and KEEP CRE-8ING!!!

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved