VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! (See you next THORSday...?)

Posted On Friday, April 29, 2011



In addition to the weekly holiday we comic book minded folk celebrate every Wednesday, there's a yearly day of revelry, where we extend our welcoming arms to the unconverted masses in an attempt to awaken them from their sinful obliviousness to the greatness of COMICDOM -- FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! On this most glorious of days, scores of comic book specialty shops across the nation open their doors with the allure of FREE COMICS (the name really does say it all, doesn't it?!)! In its 9th year, FCBD falls on Saturday, May 7th 2011 (its ALWAYS the FIRST SATURDAY in May!) and I'm quite proud to say that I'm taking part in a few celebrations throughout the day!

I'll start my rounds at about 10 in the morning at COMIC TOWN, where I expect to have a little fun with Ryan and the gang! I'm VERY excited to see what my pal, Mike Eshelman has in store with his Perler Beads -- he's done some AMAZING pieces that he's debuting that day!

From there I'm heading out west where the party will be in FULL SWING at PACKRAT COMICS, where Jamie and Teresa will have guests GALORE packing the build (pun intended)! I'm giving it only 15mins before I'm busting a robot with my buddy, author of the horror anthology, Nightmare World and the "Write or Wrong" columnist at Newsarama, Dirk Manning -- its an Ohio thing...!

But as much fun as I'm going to have there, I'll have to tear myself away to make sure that I'm all setup around 2pm at THE MOVIE TAVERN! There, I'll be bring the FCBD magic to the people -- specifically those going to see Marvel Studios newest release -- THOR! I'll have a whole barrage of stuff with me -- including 200 copies of the official FCBD Thor book to pass out to movie goers!

Sounds AWESOME, RIGHT?! (Psssst! Let me tell you a secret -- at Vantange:Inhouse, FCBD will actually begin THURSDAY NIGHT (5/5/11)! We'll be at the AMC Lennox 24 Theatre doing sketches for those BRAVE SOULS venturing to the midnight screening of THOR! In honor of this event, I'm "renaming" the day (verily) -- THORSday!

So come out -- get FREE comics, see an AWESOME movie, get an ORIGINAL sketch AND MORE! This is guaranteed to be the BIGGEST and BEST Free Comic Book Day of the YEAR (lol) -- but it'll be NOTHING without YOU!!!



No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved