VANTAGE:INHOUSE PRODUCTIONS
Home to the most thought-provoking and engaging properties to come out of the small press.
READ MORE

Posted On Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wow. Time certainly flies when you're having fun! I can't believe its been nearly two months since my last post -- I'm almost embarrassed by that. But I haven't spent that time idling! I received that first batch of books on St. Patty's Day (which is also my youngest son's birthday!) and promptly had them in stores the following day (another day of note for my family). I've sold 3 books thru Indyplanet, which net me a total profit of $2.61 -- again, not something for me to retire from, but its PURE profit all the way, giving me a gross profit margin of approximately 25% which is higher than what the entertainment and insurance industries managed combined in 2008. Overall, I believe this significantly proves this process to be a success, one that I will continue to explore and see just how dynamic of an impact I can make.


As I said last time, I wrote a follow up article, which was published at Comicreleated.com, where I offer to kickstart 15 publishing projects, using the same process I used to produce Omnibus #1 -- I'm EXTREMELY excited to say that comic shop Packrat Comics has sweetened the pot by offering to sponsor one of those 15 creative teams to attend this year's Mid-Ohio Comic Con in November! Already I've begun spreading the word and have a few people interested, with the biggest campaign launch will be during the 2010 Small Press & Alternative Comics Expo (S.P.A.C.E.) at the end of the month...where I will also be debuting "Doing a Bid!"
That's right, "Doing a Bid" is finished and available for order -- like I said, I haven't been sitting idly by -- and I will be premiering the whole shebang at S.P.A.C.E. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm making some positive strides in my efforts to attain that status of comic book creator that may allow me to make it my full time job -- a career move that may not be finanically lucrative (at first), but soulfully fulfilling!!! I'll do my best not to stay away so long, I have plenty more to reveal/follow up on in the next few weeks! Stay tuned and Keep Cre-8ing!!!

2 comments

  1. good stuff.
    I would be happy to get involved... are they sponsoring transportation to the con, or just buying the booth? I'd love to take my show on the road!

    I'm interested in your self-publishing process. I think I'll buy your book and check it out when i get some money!

    I'm looking for different strategies to use print-on-demand to get my self-publishing business to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its almost funny you say that -- I apologize that I hadn't replied back to you, but I was going to see if you'd be interested. As it stands, I don't mean to make it sound like Packrat is flaky (I just prefer to speak concretely on that which I am 100% in control of), they're supposed to be willing to house you for the con as well, which obviously is a BIG deal. I'll be posting on here what the criteria are for being one of the 15 as well as getting in the running for the Mid-Ohio sponsorship soon, so keep watching!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
/

Get In Touch

vantageinhouse@gmail.com

Contact Form

Name

Email

Message

© Infinity. All Rights Reserved